Now that it’s officially summer, I’ve been thinking a lot about what I want to accomplish before Labor Day rolls around. Since we’re living in Amsterdam, I want to try and take advantage of all the amazing things that are right at our fingertips here. Here’s the list of what I’m looking forward to this summer:
- Take a weekend trip (maybe Paris by train? How romantic!)
- Take a legit vacation in August with KC and Prim. Right now we’re debating between Scandinavia and Spain/Portugal.
- Join a moms/tots group here in Amsterdam (I gotta make some friends, guys!)
- Take a couple day trips to explore the towns nearby — Rotterdam, Delft, the Hague.
- Hit up Albert Cuypmarkt regularly to take advantage of all the fresh local produce, fish, and flowers. (^^I can’t even believe how cheap those peonies were!^^)
- Get my stock-making game on point in time for all the fall soups and stews.
- Visit at least three local museums with my Museumkaart.
- Find a local cafe with delicious coffee that can be one of our go-to weekend spots.
- Officially figure out our Dutch washer/dryer. The instructions are only in Dutch, though I did manage to figure out that you have to empty water from the dryer when the reservoir fills up. Totally weird.
- Finish decorating and stocking the guest room in time for our summer visitors. (PS: come visit!)
What’s on your summer bucket list this year? A big 4th of July bash with fireworks, BBQ and beer? Finding the perfect swimsuit for lazy days at the beach? I’d love to hear!