Since I’ve been pregnant I’ve been craving fruit in pretty much any form, including in smoothies. One of my favorite smoothies is from Jamba Juice — the Protein Berry Workout smoothie. The ingredients are pretty minimal, so I decided I should try to recreate the smoothie at home. It ended up being surprisingly easy (and delicious!) so I figured I’d share the recipe with you all.
Copycat Protein Berry Workout Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 small or 1/2 large ripe banana
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup unsweetened plain soy milk
- optional: 1 tbsp agave nectar (I just eyeball this and add one big squeeze)
- optional: 1 serving protein powder of your choice (I’d use this)
- Blend together. (It’s a smoothie, not rocket science.)
I like this smoothie because it’s not overly sweet and it’s packed with protein. Even if you omit the protein powder, you’re still getting 9g of protein from the soy milk (the protein powder I linked to would add an additional 5g). Plus the whole thing is under 300 calories (including the agave and protein powder), which makes it a great breakfast or snack on the go.
Whip one up and try it out for yourself!