Penny wasn’t super pumped about having to make the trip from San Jose back to Oakland like this because I’d just inherited 6 chairs for a new DIY project. I put a towel down to make her more comfortable, but she ended up just picking it up with her teeth and flinging it off to the side. At one point she hung her head and one arm over the side of the chair and just stared at me for like 5 minutes straight. (There was a definite, “I cannot even believe you’re making me do this,” vibe.)
Our pets are just a tiny bit dramatic.
What are you all up to this weekend? We’ve got a wedding to go to (at the Oakland Zoo!) I hope I don’t get eaten by a lion or anything during the reception…
Links from this week:
- KC took the day off this week and we headed to Mikkeller Bar for lunch — it did not disappoint!
- We also hit the new Michel Bistro for dinner. The service was a little rocky, but the food (including the free chocolate mousse and creme brulee they gave us) more than made up for it. If you’re looking for French food in Oakland, this is the place.
- I meant to post this last week, but then I just abandoned the blog and didn’t write anything. Oh well. This post on happiness was very well-timed and felt like such a relief to read.
- This one-minute clip of Jim Carrey’s commencement speech is pretty amazing.
- I don’t have kids yet, but when I do, I really want to subscribe to this philosophy (re: who has the worst kids).
- I love Mindy Kaling, and every interview of hers that I read just reinforces my infatuation.
- A hilarious book dedication.
- For all you Game of Thrones fans who are also parents, it’s time to step up your game.
- I feel like I want to make this pizza bread, but I also feel like I want to fit into my clothes. Dilemma.