What up, people? It’s been approximately 1000 days since I last blogged and… whatever. It’s the year of me, so let’s not dwell on it, right? Awesome.
So, what’s happened since last we spoke? And by spoke, obviously I mean “since I last rambled on about pretty much nothing on this page.” Uhhh… I got a new job. What else? That’s about all I can think of. I’m pretty sure other things happened, but obviously they aren’t important enough for me to think of what they are right now, so let’s move on.
Oh, we bought a fiddle leaf fig tree. That just happened this weekend, which is probably why I remember it. Exciting. Here’s a picture:
And now with zero transition: it’s fall! (Y’know, in case you didn’t know via everyone and their mother posting about “OMG pumpkin spice lattes!”) Now that a new season is upon us (the second-best season, in my opinion), I’ve put together a list of things I’d like to do this fall:
- Make spiced (and y’know, probably spiked) cider
- Master some sort of new pumpkin baked good
- Make at least 2 new kinds of soup (I’ve got my eye on a Thai-spiced squash soup, currently)
- Keep our new fiddle leaf fig tree alive (3 days in — so far so good)
- Have a taco night with homemade salsas
- Learn to make falafel
- Decorate for Halloween and watch my favorite flicks on the 31st — Young Frankenstein, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Hocus Pocus. (Yes, I’m 12.)
- Host Thanksgiving and finally use our wedding china
- Clean out the hall closet and install cabinet latches in the kitchen (OMG that closet… It’s like the inside of my brain — just crammed full of sh#$)
- Finally paint those last two dining chairs that just hang out in our hallway (ugh, I’m annoyed just thinking about this one. I hate crafts.)
So what’s on your fall bucket list? Jumping in a pile of leaves? A sweet walk in the rain (with wellies + coat, of course). Lots of fires in the fireplace? Spiced apple, plum, or pumpkin baked goods for all your neighbors? A day when you don’t get out of your PJ’s and spend the day lounging with a friend?
Hmm, those all sound good. Maybe I should make my list a little longer…